Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Within commutable distance of Denver, CO
Date Posted: July 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking a Web Developer to join our team. Must live within a commutable distance of Denver, CO.
NEHA's mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Food and Drug Administration on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness, and more.
About the Role
The Web Developer manages the association's websites and digital assets that serve as a primary portal for customer and public interaction with the association. This position ensures hosting, security, and compliance requirements and best practices are met and coordinates the integration of multiple cloud platforms to establish a comprehensive online presence. Intermittent work on nights and weekends may be required.
What You Will Do
- Provides technical support for all NEHA sites/domains including routine maintenance and support for work requests, web content creation, and management
- Understands the association programs, operations, and online presence and makes recommendations based on user activity and behaviors to meet association goals through online activities such as search engine optimization, social media, online advertising, etc.
- Evolves the association's Web strategy to improve its online presence to serve customers, create awareness, provide information, and generate revenue
- Manages digital analytics and reports for all digital assets
- Recommends processes, standards, and policies for updates/upgrades and maintenance of websites
- Approves testing of user interface experiences for webpage/website before implementation
- Remains up-to-date with developments in digital media
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3–5 year’s relevant work experience
- Link to your portfolio/links to websites etc.
- Multi-browser/device programming ability (Mobile, Tablet, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox)
- CMS theme design and management (Drupal, WordPress)
- Documentation and version control experience
- Deeply passionate about environmental health
- Growth mindset, hungry to learn and apply new skills
- Experience building analyzable and secure websites
- Experience with social media and third-party APIs
- Working knowledge of graphic design and content creation
Skills, Abilities, and Character
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
What We Offer
The salary for this position is DOE.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a 5% of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid short- and long-term disability plans, and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible, and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience, and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
Submit your resume and cover letter.