Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Within commutable distance of either Denver, CO or the Washington, D.C. metro areas
Date Posted: September 26, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $55,000 -$75,000 DOE
Sr. Project Coordinator, Food Safety
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking a Sr. Project Coordinator to join our team. Must live within a commutable distance of either Denver, CO or the Washington, D.C. metro areas.
NEHA’s mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy.
Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 503 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the U.S. EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more.
About the Role
The Sr. Project Coordinator develops and executes tasks for deliverables on a variety of environmental health topics in the Program and Partnership Development (PPD) Department, including but not limited to food safety. This position serves as a subject matter expert in food safety to other departments in the association. The Project Coordinator also represents the association in partnerships, meetings, and events.
Travel will be required up to 25% once the CDC advises business travel is safe. Intermittent work on nights and weekends may be required.
- Develops and executes tasks for project deliverables in topic area(s)
- Coordinates and facilitates in person or virtual trainings and/or educational sessions
- Prepares and compiles results for progress and final reports for funding agencies
- Facilitates conference calls, meetings, committees, work groups, and focus groups
- Provides input to department leadership in creation of project budgets
- Monitors project budgets and communicates any issues to department leadership
- Communicates with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other project participants as needed
- Assists with development of proposals for projects, including content and budget
- Coordinates program committees and development of resources and education specific to food safety
- Builds relationships and partnerships with agencies and subject matter experts
- Serves as a resource to NEHA staff
- Develops and publishes articles, columns, or chapters for applicable publications
- Participates in webinars and other continuing education to stay up to date on topic area(s) of food safety
- Develops content for topic area(s) on website
- Represent NEHA in partnerships, meetings, and events
- Assists with identifying topics and speakers for webinars and the annual education conference
- Manages updates for department webpages and serves as liaison to the website team
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field; experience in lieu of education may be considered
- 2-4 years of applicable work experience in the public health sector, specifically in food safety
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent writing and correspondence skills required
- Excellent organizational skills with focus on time management and project coordination
- Experience with non-profits or government a plus
How to Apply
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $55-75k DOE.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a 5% of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid short- and long-term disability plans, and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible, and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience, and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
Submit your resume and cover letter.