Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Location: Dublin, CA
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Type: Full Time
Senior Director, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
About the Postition
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
About the Senior Director, Environmental, Health & Safety Position
The position is responsible for directing and leading the development of companywide risk control business plans and strategies consistent with company objectives. Strategies will focus on reducing the frequency and severity of associate and customer injuries and illnesses, compliance with governmental regulatory agencies, including OSHA, EPA, and DOT requirements, and the protection of the Company's assets. Programs will emphasize building an organizational safety culture, behavioral-based safety for associates, and continuous improvement. The position is also responsible for the process of identifying, measuring, and managing related hazard risks, developing reports and plans, and analyzing EHS problems, and defining and/or overseeing the implementation of the risk solutions that help optimize operations. Responsibilities also include the support of other risk management initiatives as assigned.
- BA Degree or greater preferred. 10 years work experience can replace educational requirements.
- Certified Safety Professional designation preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Industry knowledge including OSHA, EPA, NFPA, FM Global fire protection standards, product recall and other regulatory standards applicable to a retail operation.
- Expertise in California Hazardous Waste laws is desired.
- Work independently with little or no supervision, exercise discretion and independent judgment, and protect the confidentiality of the Company, its clients, and its employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Risk Management Information Systems is preferred.
How to Apply
Use this link to apply: https://jobs.rossstores.com/search/jobdetails/senior-director-environmental-health--safety-ehs/f3dbadb9-12ca-4b95-bd0f-dfcac14ed5fa?utm_campaign=neha_paid&utm_source=neha&utm_medium=paid_job_board