Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: November 2, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking an Instructional Designer to join our team. Must live within a commutable distance of the Denver, CO area.
NEHA' s mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the EPA, CDC, and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more.
About the Role
The Instructional Designer applies tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods to design or redesign learning experiences for adult learners and produces exceptional instruction grounded in theory and andragogical practices.
What You Will Do
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, graphic artists, the LMS Administrator, and other staff to determine project scope and requirements (25%)
- Serves as Team Lead to facilitate meeting project goals and deadlines (25%)
- Develops learning objectives, assessment instruments, and activities (25%)
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, graphic artists, and other staff to produce engaging face-to-face, blended, and online learning experiences, job aids, and instructional materials (25%)
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or instructional design. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in instructional design and instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning and design skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suite
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Project management experience
- Experience with developing and facilitating live and online learning
- Solid knowledge of curriculum development
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Awareness of the limitations of course delivery based on 508 compliance
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Classroom teaching or instructional experience
- Proficient in Lectora
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Repeated lifting of 35 to 50 lbs. can be expected as part of the shipping process
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen
- Hearing required to interact with management and associate
How to Apply
What we Offer
The salary for this position is DOE.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
We look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer which is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).
Submit your resume and cover letter.