Location: Maplewood, MN
Date Posted: March 23, 2021
Application Deadline: April 21, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Global Standards Development and Regulatory Manager
About the Position
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Global Standards Development and Regulatory Manager for the Personal Safety Division you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading a global team of standards development professionals with expertise in occupational health and safety
- Facilitating development of science-based performance and selection and use standards related to personal protective equipment and occupational health and safety
- Collaborating with professional associations, educational organization, public health organization and related government entities
- Working to promote a culture of health and safety with 3M customers
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic and 50% international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of combined experience with standards development, occupational health and safety and/or public policy development in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Public Policy Development, Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Professional certification(s) such as ; Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified in Public Health (CHP) or related credential
- Strong interpersonal skills and thought-leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter who can effectively work in a fast-paced environment, with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Experience in public policy, government affairs and/or disease prevention
- Experience developing and driving execution of public health or worker well-being programs and initiatives
- Experience managing employees and/or programs