Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: April 2, 2021
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $55,000-75,000 DOE
Sr. Project Coordinator, Food Safety
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking a Sr. Project Coordinator to join our team. Must live within the Washington, D.C. metro area.
NEHA's mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the EPA, CDC, and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more.
About the Role
The Sr. Project Coordinator is integral to the success of NEHA’s retail food safety portfolio of projects. The incumbent will be part of an energetic team working to identify, create, develop and execute innovative and essential activities and tasks to support local environmental health specialists and professionals. The position is fast-paced and we are looking for someone with subject matter expertise, dedication to the organization and passionate about the many opportunities to prepare deliverables for a variety of projects and activities related to retail food safety. While primary focus is on food safety, the position may also engage in projects for a variety of environmental health topics in the Program and Partnership Development (PPD) Department as needed. This position also serves as a subject matter expert in food safety to other departments in the association and represents the association through partnerships, and at meetings, conferences, and other events.
Travel will be required up to 25% once the CDC advises business travel is safe. Intermittent work on nights and weekends may be required.
What You Will Do
Project Coordination (60%)
- Develops and executes tasks for project deliverables in topic area(s)
- Coordinates and facilitates in person or virtual trainings and/or educational sessions
- Prepares and compiles results for progress and final reports for funding agencies
- Facilitates conference calls, meetings, committees, work groups, and focus groups
- Provides input to department leadership in creation of project budgets
- Monitors project budgets and communicates any issues to department leadership
- Communicates with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other project participants as needed
Project and Program Development (20%)
- Assists with development of proposals for projects, including content and budget
- Coordinates program committees
- Develops resources and education specific to food safety
- Builds relationships and partnerships with agencies and subject matter experts
Subject Matter Expert (20%)
- Serves as a resource to NEHA staff
- Develops and publishes articles, columns, or chapters for applicable publications
- Develops and writes food safety related reports as directed by supervisor
- Participates in webinars and other continuing education to stay up to date on topic area(s) of food safety
- Develops content for topic area(s) on website
- Represent NEHA in partnerships, meetings, and events
- Assists with identifying topics and speakers for webinars and the annual education conference
- Manages updates for department webpages and serves as liaison to the website team
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field; experience in lieu of education may be considered
- 2-4 years of applicable work experience in the public health sector, specifically in food safety
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams preferred
- Knowledge of the FDA Food Code
- Excellent writing and correspondence skills required
- Excellent organizational skills with focus on time management and project coordination
- Experience with non-profits or government a plus
- Experience developing educational materials, including infographics, presentations and other visual aids preferred
What we Offer
The salary range for this position is $55-75k depending on education, credentials, and experience.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
We look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer which is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).