Company: Abbott Nutrition Casa Grande Plant
Location: Casa Grande Arizona
Date Posted: April 30, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Employment Type: Full Time
Rural Development Specialist
About the Position
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all
ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and
active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including
Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Casa Grande, Arizona currently has an opportunity for a Sanitation Manager. This site is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
Quality Sanitation Manager:
Position is responsible for Management of the Sanitation program for the site. The decision making process of this position is critical to the ongoing compliance of the production operation, and to the quality and safety of the food products. This position does not have any direct reports.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Plant Food Safety Manager is accountable for all aspects of plant sanitation,
including program strategy and performance results (Micro, Pest, Audit, & Safety)
in the facility. The purpose of the job is to drive the best food safety
practices throughout the plant through the development and implementation of
procedures, training, and performance measurement.
Major Responsibilities of Sanitation Manager:
- Accountable for holistic plant sanitation program direction and results for plant, warehouse and plant grounds; compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and all food safety policies and procedures.
- Acting as sanitation lead in the process of assessing and mitigating safety risk associated with construction and major maintenance.
- Working closely with engineering and maintenance to identify capital expense needs.
- Collaborating/coordinating with Facility Supervisor, Operations Leadership and Site Cleaning Crew to achieve desired Environmental, Pest Control, and Audit performance.
- Evaluating facility sanitary conditions, assessing risk based on food safety and public health principles, prioritizing corrective actions, and verifying sanitation activities and validation testing.
- Evaluating monthly environmental samples for monitoring of pathogenic organisms in plant, trending the results and developing corrective actions.
- Ensure that the master cleaning schedule for plant conforms to GMP guidelines.
- Engaging technical experts from corporate, industry experts, and chemical / equipment suppliers to troubleshoot any sanitation challenges and identifying novel technologies and methodologies.
- Developing and assisting with implementing all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees as needed.
- Ensures all safety requirements related to sanitation are met including proper chemical storage, MSDS, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and procedures.
- Maintaining and writing detailed cleaning procedures and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures for Plant facility and equipment to drive towards industry best practices
- Maintains and updates master cleaning schedule for plant meeting Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Corporate guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree and /or significant experience in plant quality/food safety/Sanitation.
- Experience communicating and influencing with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding and application of microbiological principles with in-depth food borne pathogen knowledge.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Sanitation principles.
- Understanding of the appropriate wet cleaning and dry cleaning methodology.
- Experience in successfully addressing environmental sanitation challenges in areas such as drains, floors, walls, roofs, and equipment.
- Knowledge of chemical handling and use safety.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Preferred: Certification as a Sanitarian; certificate in food safety topics and/or Preventive Controls.
How to Apply