Company: Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, MA
Date Posted: May 28, 2021
Application Deadline: June 27, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Environmental Public Health Officer
The EH&S Environmental Public Health Officer will work with the Environmental Public Health (EPH) team providing services to Harvard students, faculty and staff in all EPH disciplines, including Food Safety, Swimming Pool Safety, Drinking Water, the Environmental Control of Communicable Disease, and Pest Control. The EPH Officer will also be cross-trained to rotate on-call as an EH&S Emergency Responder, and will participate on occasion in on-call duties to back up other EPH staff.
- B.S. in Environmental Health, Biology or related science or an equivalency of professional training, certifications and work experience.
- MA Registered Sanitarian or Registered Environmental Health Specialist credential preferred.
- Eligible to become RS or REHS certified preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State food safety regulations required. Minimum of three years’ experience conducting food safety inspections at a variety of establishment types and sizes required.
- Experience with plan review to determine food code compliance for new construction and renovation of commercial food establishments preferred.