Company: Jefferson County Public Health
Location: Jefferson County, CO
Date Posted: June 30, 2021
Application Deadline: July 11, 2021, This and other postings may have extended deadlines depending on applicant pool
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $26.86 – $36.83 Hourly
Environmental Health Specialist Senior
About the Position
Under minimal supervision, this position performs a variety of duties and responsibilities primarily related to the Air Quality Program to assure compliance with rules and regulations, prevent disease transmission, and mitigate health risks. This position will act as primary point of contact related to air quality issues in Jefferson County and will work closely with the Program Manager and Division Director to establish work priorities and program vision. This individual will also train additional air quality program staff as needed and review all program-related work to ensure that work quality is maintained at a high level. This position may also be periodically called upon to support other Departmental functions in Emergency Preparedness and Response, Environmental Epidemiology or as otherwise needed.
- Coordinate activities associated with annual CDPHE Air Pollution Control Division (APCD) Contract.
- Approve Open Burning Permits in accordance with all State and Local regulatory requirements and JCPH policies and procedures.
- Inspect facilities with CFC permits to ensure compliance with permit requirements.
- Respond to air quality complaints – including mold, dust, asbestos, odors - to support public health and enforcement of applicable state and local regulations. Enter complaints in the state’s database.
- Inspect permitted emission sources as required by annual APCD contract to document compliance with permit requirements and complete reports detailing findings. Submit reports to facilities and the CDPHE APCD.
- Actively engage in stakeholder and state and local regulatory groups involved with air quality and climate change with approval of EH Supervisor and EHS Division Director.
- Investigate, plan and implement appropriate air pollution monitoring options.
- Conduct education and outreach activities involving air quality topics.
- Assist other EHS Team members with other indoor and outdoor air quality issues as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis in Environmental Health, Public Health, or Health or Environmental sciences or a similar field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience related to air quality, environmental health, or engineering.
- Credentials: National Environmental Health Association Registered Environmental Health Specialist or equivalent professional credentials required. Qualified individuals may be approved by Division Director to obtain required professional credentials within one year of hire.
- Work experience in regulatory air quality inspections, or other similar work experience.
- Certifications in opacity reading and/or odor detection are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience conducting Indoor Air Quality assessments.
How to Apply
Online applications only https://jefferson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External Please look for and share other Environmental Health and Public Health job postings while visiting this site.