Company: City of Wauwatosa
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Date Posted: July 12, 2021
Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Public Health Manager
About the Position
Under the general direction of the Health Officer, the Public Health Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the environmental health and preparedness programs for the Wauwatosa Health Department.
The following are normal for the position but shall not be construed as exclusive or inclusive. Other related duties may be required and assigned.
Environmental Health Program and Preparedness Program
- Supervises up to 5 personnel (registered sanitarians, support staff).
- Manages the State Agent DHS/DATCP Contracts: licensing process and reconciliation.
- Oversees inspections and enforcement for licensed food establishments, recreational waters, lodging, school cafeterias and vending to ensure compliance; manages and troubleshoots the environmental health electronic database.
- Supervises programs and services to promote health and prevent diseases such as radon awareness, safe lead remediation procedures and community education.
- Manages the tracking, trends, enforcement and report writing related to investigations of nuisance and human health hazards; troubleshoots citizen complaints.
- Oversees the investigation, monitoring and enforcement of municipal health ordinances and state statutes regarding the control of animals and rabies prevention.
- Collects, analyzes, trends data; analyzes and prepares reports on program outcomes.
- Attends internal and external meetings to coordinate programs and present information and progress.
- Manages preparedness grant objectives, activities and reports; participates in meetings and exercises as a health department representative.
- Updates the Public Health Emergency Response Plan, including ongoing local updates.
- Participates in supervisory and management trainings for workforce development.
- Participates in health department quality improvement and strategic planning initiatives.
- Develops and implements strategies to increase integration of health equity into department programs and services.
- Assists with identifying, developing, and advancing policy interventions to address social determinants of health to improve health equity.
- Works with community partners to implement the City’s health improvement plan and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, public health, the physical or biological sciences or a related field.
- Valid WI Driver’s License.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete specific training modules in accordance with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) standards within the first year of hire.
- Three years of experience in the field of environmental health.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Registration as an Environmental Health Specialist or Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS).
- Supervisory experience.
- Epidemiology coursework or experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher and Survey Monkey.
- Proficient in HealthSpace.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a second language.
- RS Surge capacity.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: http://www.wauwatosa.net