Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: September 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $55,000-65,000 DOE
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team. Must live within a commutable distance of our Denver, Colorado, office.
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is to build, sustain, and empower an effective environmental health workforce. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant works directly with the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director. They are responsible for performing a variety of project and administrative duties.
What You Will Do
- Acts as the point of contact (POC) between the Executive Director and internal/external clients
- Coordinates executive communications, including responding to emails as appropriate
- Drafts correspondence and other organizational documents
- Schedules meetings and appointments and manages travel itineraries
- Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality
- Role models professionalism
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works with Technical Advisors to assist our Editor with the Journal of Environmental Health
- Coordinates staff anniversaries and works with the Wellness Committee as needed
- Plans staff meetings & brown bag learning events
- Takes notes for committees as needed
- Assists Finance with A/P, filing weekly invoices, issuing credit card refunds to members, depositing checks, and compiling and running NEHA credit card reports
- Manages calendars for executive team
- Handles shipping needs as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Repeated lifting of 35 to 50 lbs. can be expected as part of the shipping process
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates
Our Ideal Candidate
Education, Experience & Attributes:
- Diplomacy, confidentiality, and can-do customer service orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Functions
- Thrives in dynamic work environment
- Writes, speaks, and interacts consistent with C-Suite sensibilities
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a professional work environment
- College degree preferred, but competency-based experience accepted
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Account receivable experience is beneficial
What we Offer
The annual salary for this position is $55,000-65,000.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
We look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer which is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).