Location: Cambridge, MA
Date Posted: Octover 29, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Employment Type: Full Time
Environmental Public Health Officer
About the Position
The EH&S Environmental Public Health Officer will work with the Environmental Public Health (EPH) team providing services to Harvard students, faculty and staff in all EPH disciplines, including Food Safety, Swimming Pool Safety, Drinking Water, the Environmental Control of Communicable Disease, and Pest Control. The EPH Officer will also be cross-trained to rotate on-call as an EH&S Emergency Responder, and will participate on occasion in on-call duties to back up other EPH staff.
• B.S. in Environmental Health, Biology or related science or an equivalency of professional training, certifications and work experience.
• MA Registered Sanitarian or Registered Environmental Health Specialist credential preferred.
• Eligible to become RS or REHS certified preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Federal and State food safety regulations required. Minimum of three years’ experience conducting food safety inspections at a variety of establishment types and sizes required. Experience with plan review to determine food code compliance for new construction and renovation of commercial food establishments preferred.
Additional Qualifications And Skills
• Candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have experience with the development and delivery of effective, interactive classroom instruction.
• ServSafe® Instructor and Proctor credentials preferred. Must be eligible to become a ServSafe® Instructor and Proctor.
• Certified Pool Operator credential preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access or other database management program. Some knowledge of Microsoft Publisher or other desktop publishing software preferred. Experience with use of electronic inspection systems preferred. Candidate demonstrates ability to effectively use thermocouples, bi-metallic and digital stem thermometers, reagents to test swimming pool water, litmus paper and other scientific equipment as required.
How to Apply
Please complete an application on the Harvard University Human Resources website https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1567353_5341