Company: California State University San Bernardino
Location: San Bernadino, CA
Date Posted: January 11, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled, review begins January 24, 2022
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Assistant Professor in Environmental Health
About the Position
A tenure-track Assistant Professor in Environmental Health to begin August 2022. Requires a Ph.D. in Environmental/Occupational Health or a related field. Candidates with Registered Environmental Health Specialist or Certified Industrial Hygienist credentials will be given preference. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, to develop an externally funded research program involving student participation, and to participate in service activities. Teaching responsibilities could include undergraduate and/or graduate courses in environmental health science, occupational health, industrial hygiene, core public health, as well as courses in health and human ecology. The successful candidate will be expected to advise undergraduate students.
Application review will begin January 24, 2022 and the position will remain open until filled. For a detailed job description and application process, please use the following link: https://careers.csusb.edu/en-us/job/504985/assistant-professor-department-of-health-science-&-human-ecology. Salary is commensurate with experience.
A Ph.D. in Environmental Health, Occupational Health, or related field is required by the time of appointment. The ideal candidate should be qualified to become a Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Certified Industrial Hygienist. A history of grant writing and grand funded research and/or demonstration projects is desirable.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter that includes:
a. A statement of your teaching interest/philosophy
b. A statement of your research experience/plans
- If available, evidence of teaching effectiveness such as teaching portfolios, reports on teaching observations, and/or student evaluations of teaching.
- Unofficial copies of all postsecondary degree transcripts (official transcripts will be required prior to appointment).
- Reference List - names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) referees whom we may contact to obtain letters of recommendation.
- Diversity Statement, which may include your interpretation of diversity, equity and inclusion, and must include specific examples of how your background and your educational and/or professional experiences have prepared you for this role at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 1,000 words).
- Confidential letters of recommendation may be solicited from those listed as references on the application if the applicant is moved forward in the recruitment process. Non-confidential letters of recommendation can be uploaded by the applicant during the application process.
- Formal review of applications will begin January 24, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply by using this CSU Recruit Hyperlink at: