Company: Benton County
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Date Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $74,514.00 - $111,769.00 Annually
Environmental Health Program Manager (PM51)
About the Position
Responsible for the development, management, coordination, and evaluation of environmental health services. This position provides oversight for assigned environmental health programs occurring at health department offices and in community settings. Plays a key role in coordination of all public health strategies for environmental health education, prevention, regulation and service delivery.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, or related field from an accredited college or university; AND
- 5 years of professional work experience in Environmental Health, Public Health or related field
- 2 years of which are managerial or supervisory experience
- Supervisory experience includes the authority to hire, terminate, assign, reward and discipline other employees
- A resume and cover letter are required for this job posting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. There is no substitute for the supervisory experience.
Please ensure you have provided a thorough and updated application as it pertains to the position for which you are applying. Your application materials will be used to determine salary based on a pay equity assessment. For further information, please click on the link: Oregon Pay Equity Law
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist in the State of Oregon.
- Valid Oregon Driver's License. This position requires driving and may require use of a personal vehicle.
- Benton County requires all Health Services and Clinic employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click on the ""Apply"" button to fill out all information in the online application and complete the questionnaire. Failure to do so may result in your application being removed from consideration.
A resume and cover letter are required for this job posting. A cover letter of no more than 2 pages should include examples of your work experience that highlight qualifications for this position. Applications received without a resume and cover letter will be considered incomplete. Please attach them in the “Resume / CV” section of the application.
Only complete applications received by the posted application deadline date, or the first review date will be considered.
Answer all supplemental questions.