Action 6 - Apply for a Base Grant
- Be sure that you are both enrolled in the Retail Program Standards (Action 1) and registered for this grant program (Action 5).
- Determine the Track for which you are eligible to apply through (Action 2) and which track (and its corresponding grants) will best meet the needs of your jurisdiction (Action 3).
- If you apply for one of the higher-level base grants (Track 2 or Track 3), be sure that you have already completed your Comprehensive Strategic Improvement Plan (Action 4).
- If you have completed a Written Project Implementation Plan (WPIP), have it handy, as you will be able to copy and paste plan elements into the grant portal in response to grant application questions. Your answers to the grant application questions will create a WPIP that meets FDA’s requirements, built into your application.
- From the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Website (https://www.neha.org/retailgrants), log into the Grant Program Portal.
- From your Grantee Portal landing page, the left menu allows you to complete all required actions of the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program, from application through your final report.
- Click on the “Eligibility Criteria” button at the top of the left menu in your Grantee Portal if you would like to review the requirements for each of the three application tracks.
- When you have determined which track you would like to apply through, click on the button labeled “Apply Now -Track (1, 2, or 3)”.
- Your first application through this program must be for a base grant, so click on the button for the base grant in the Track you have selected.
- Your selected base grant application will open. Please fully answer each application question and be sure to hit “Save and Continue” often.
- If you need to leave your application before you are ready to submit, simply hit “Save and Close.”
12. Once you have completed all the applications fields, including the addition of the required budget worksheet(s), simply hit “Save and Close,” and you will see your completed application open on the screen. Take the opportunity to do one final review of your finished application. Once you are satisfied with all the entries in your application, scroll to the bottom of the application and hit “Submit.”