Registering for the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Portal
The NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Portal opened for Registration on September 9, 2021. Jurisdictions who intend to apply for any of the six (6) available grants in Fall 2021 need to register, as this is a new grant program and a newly built system.
To Register for the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Portal:
- From https://www.neha.org/retailgrants, click on the button that reads “Access the Grant Program Portal.” This will take you to the grant portal landing page, which reads: “Welcome to the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Registration Portal” at the top.
- From the grant portal landing page, read the text on the right side of the screen and click on “Create an account now.” This will open three Eligibility Questions, which you must answer to ensure your jurisdiction is eligible to apply for a grant through the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program.
- Once you have completed the Eligibility Questions, the Registration page will open. (If you do not pass the Eligibility Questionnaire, it may be because you are not yet enrolled in the Retail Program Standards. If you represent a retail food protection agency and are not yet enrolled with the Retail Program Standards, please see Action 1, “Enrollment in the Retail Program Standards.” If you have any other questions about eligibility, please contact the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free (833) 575-2404.
- Complete the Registration, which has a few simple organizational questions about your retail food protection jurisdiction, your Organizational Point of Contact (POC) (the person in your organization who will serve as the main point of contact for questions regarding this organizational Registration and applications to be submitted for your organization, and who will receive a username and password for access to the grant portal), and your Authorizing Official (the person in your organization who will be able to accept the requested funds if your application is approved).
- Once you have completed and checked your entries for the Registration, hit “Submit Request” at the bottom of the Registration page.
Within two (2) business days of Registration, you will receive an email with your username and a password. This email will come to the POC email address you entered during Registration. Once you receive these credentials, you may return to https://www.neha.org/retailgrants, click on the button that reads: “Access the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Application Portal,” and use the “Login Now” section on the left side of the screen to access the grant portal.
Be sure to save your username and password, as these credentials will be used throughout the application process, and after you submit your application(s), to check the status of your application(s), access awarded grants, and complete required reports. In rare cases, emails can be filtered out or sent to a spam folder. If you do not receive an email with a username and password within two (2) days after Registration, please contact the NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program Support Team for assistance.