Tobacco & Environmental Health
Environmental health professionals conduct a variety of activities to control tobacco exposure:
- Investigate - Complaints and sample environments that may have unhealthy levels.
- Enforce - Many municipalities across the county prohibit smoking in public places, requiring enforcement of local codes, ordinances, and statutes restricting tobacco use.
- Educate - Environmental health agencies provide many educational resources, programs, and campaigns in awareness or to prevent illness and injury.
American Public Health Association
- Tobacco | Webpage
- Policy Statements | Database
- Live Tobacco Free Infographic | Infographic
Green and Healthy Homes Initiative
- Tobacco Resource | Webpage
National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs at the Local Level | Guide
- Indoor Air Quality and Public Health | Policy Statement
- Creating and Enforcing Smoke-Free Multiunit Housing | Webinar
- Creating and Enforcing Tobacco-Free Environments at Colleges and Universities | Webinar