FD204 Temporary Food Establishments Course
This free, four-day, virtual course prepares participants to effectively conduct:
- An application review
- A menu review
- An inspection of a temporary food establishment (TFE) and institute corrective actions
The course also focuses on:
- Proper design and location of food storage
- Preparation and serving operations
- Sanitary facilities
- Key steps for planning large-scale special events
Methods of instruction include lectures with hands-on group exercises and discussion.
This course is currently only available to retail food safety regulatory professionals employed with a government agency.
To register for the FD204 course:
- Review the course announcement and details
- Download and complete the registration form linked in the announcement
- Right-click on “Download”
- Choose “Save As” and save the form to your computer (desktop, file, etc)
- Open the form via its saved location
- Email the completed registration form to ORA-OTED-Retail@fda.hhs.gov
- Fee: $0.00
Registration does not guarantee admission into the course. All applicants will be notified at a future date of their status. For questions contact Deirdra Holloway.
Course announcements, including information regarding prerequisites, and registration forms are included as PDFs as they become available.
- December 12 - 15, 2023
- April 2 - 5, 2023
- Course Announcement | PDF
Additional courses may be added throughout fiscal year. All course dates/locations are subject to change. Visit the ORA LearnED Training System regularly for official course schedules and updates.
Review required prerequisites on the course announcement at ORA LearnED Training System.