Food Safety Instructors & Exam Proctors
Our Food Safety Training program maintains a network of hundreds of registered food safety instructors throughout the world who provide training in health departments, schools, colleges, universities, military installations, restaurants, hotels, as independent consultants, and in other sectors related to food safety.
To register as a NEHA Food Safety Instructor, submit an application to demonstrate skills in three core areas in the food industry:
- food safety knowledge
- training or teaching skills, and
All NEHA registered instructors must pass ANSI-CFP food manager exams and keep certificates up to date.
NEHA Food Safety Instructors get access to:
- Certificate of Trainer Registration
- Listing in our Food Safety Instructor Directory
- An opportunity to earn continuing education hours for NEHA credentials
- Discounts up to 15% on our Food Safety materials including:
- Professional Food Manager, Sixth Edition
- Professional Food Manager Trainer Resources
- Professional Food Manager PowerPoint Presentation
- Handwashing for Life: The Why, The When, and The How
- Professional Food Handler, Fourth Edition
Exam ProctorsFood safety instructors who are registered with us can administer these exams accredited by the Conference for Food Protection-American National Standards Institute (CFP-ANSI):
- ServSafe Certification Exam, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Certified Food Safety Manager Exam, National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- To become a proctor with NRFSP you will need to complete their online Test and Administrator/Proctor Training Course and then the Proctor Application. To ensure you receive the NEHA Trainer benefits and discounts, be sure to type “NEHA” along with your company name in the “Company Name” field of the application. This information tells NRFSP that you are a trainer with NEHA. If you need help with the Proctor Application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 446-0257.
- After you have completed the NEHA Trainer application and Proctor process with NRFSP they will provide you with a Proctor number. You’ll be ready to start ordering materials, teaching, and ordering the Food Safety Manager Certification exams.