- Training and webinars for continuing education
- Online courses and printed materials
- Annual educational conferences
- Networking opportunities
- Providing programs and resources
Today, our biggest challenge is to find the funds needed for supporting the future of the profession. It is our hope that through our association, we can provide healthy environments, protected communities, and empowered professionals.
Donations will be used in any way our association sees fit, while aligning primarily with the paradigm that it would be building, sustaining, and empowering an effective environmental health workforce.
As a nonprofit, we depend on the support of members and donors to reach our mission. Your generous donations continue to support and encourage us to keep evolving for the profession. We are tremendously grateful for our donors' support.
By making a tax-deductible donation, you are lending a hand to your professional association and investing in NEHA's work, advancing our mission to build, sustain, and empower an effective environmental health workforce. Thank you for your support in environmental health and NEHA's programs.
Information for Donors
Donating with a Check
Include a note for which fund you would like to donate to. Donations via check are accepted by mail at this address:
National Environmental Health Association
PO Box 650823
Dallas, TX 75265-0823
- We are a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Making Online Donations
- Use your MyNEHA account to make a donation online.
- We also accept planned gifts. For more information, email us at email@example.com.
Tribute and Memory Giving
You can dedicate a gift to a friend.
- For online donation, check the button that reads, "Is this gift in honor or in memory of someone?" and complete the name so they are properly acknowledged.
- For a check donation, please include a note with the honoree's name.
Help Us Fundraise
- Matching Donors
- We are always so grateful for matching donors, no matter the amount. You understand what it means to bring a community together to work toward a certain goal while leveraging your gift. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start this conversation.
- Become a Fundraiser
- To help us fundraise, you'll need to take the initiative and connect with your network to gather the funds and determine which fund you'd like to fundraise for. For more information on this process, email us at email@example.com.
The purpose of the NEHA/AAS Scholarship Program is to encourage students to indulge in an early commitment to a career in environmental health as well as to inspire past and present graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in environmental health sciences. This program offers financial assistance to individuals with an evident need and serves to introduce adequately trained professionals into the environmental health workforce. In previous years, students who demonstrated the highest levels of achievement in their respective environmental health degree programs were awarded $5,000 directly from this fund.
Your donation empowers us to continuously award this scholarship to exceptional students who have a passion for environmental health and supports the next generation of environmental health professionals.
The Endowment Foundation was established to enable us to do more for the environmental health community than its annual budget might allow. Our association was founded upon the belief that professionals who were both educated and motivated would make the greatest strides in creating healthful environments and search for the finest solutions. The donations received for this fund are invested with the intent that it will continue to grow, ensuring that these funds will one day be used to enhance and empower the environmental health profession, in turn, amplifying your contributions.
During the AEC, we hold a meeting for the Endowment Foundation Committee to gather and discuss where the fund stands and if there is a special project or program to finance from its contributions. These projects could be anything from financing a member in need to enable them to attend a special event like the AEC or a larger funding for a project in partnership with another organization that is outside of our normal budget.
These special projects and programs rely on the generosity of donors to support and encourage the environmental health profession. Individuals who have made monetary contributions to the Endowment Foundation are listed on the Special Recognition of Our Supporters, as well as in the Journal of Environmental Health. Your contributions are totaled and the club you are listed in depends on the amount you have contributed in your history with NEHA.