Certified Professional – Food Safety
CP-FS credential holders are most often employed in any retail food environment as a quality assurance or quality control manager, facility manager, food-safe chemical supplier, or in a more traditional food safety position such as a regulatory inspector/investigator.
CP-FS holders are able to:
- conduct facility plan reviews
- evaluate hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plans or other risk-based food safety programs
- understand the causes and prevention of foodborne illnesses
- analyze and implement sanitation standard operating procedures for safety and effectiveness
New E-Book AvailableThe CP-FS Study Guide is now available as an e-book. The e-book can be purchased in the Google Play Store. To read the study guide on your device, you’ll need to download the Google Play Books app.bookstore and checkout to receive a promo code via email that allows you to purchase the book at the members-only price.
Find more study references, including new electronic flashcards, at CP-FS Credential Exam Content & Scores.
Individuals can follow one of two tracks to be eligible for the CP-FS credential exam:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Associate degree
- Four years of experience
- Valid, unexpired Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certificate, Food Safety Managers Certification Examination (FSMCE) certificate, SuperSafe Mark certificate, OR a ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate
- High School Diploma
- Five years of experience
- A valid, unexpired Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certificate, Food Safety Managers Certification Examination (FSMCE) certificate, SuperSafe Mark certificate, or a ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate
- Member: $370.00
- Non-Member: $515.00