We are the leading organization in the world supporting the environmental public health workforce. Being a member of NEHA is being part of a family – a family of fellow professionals from around the country and world working to protect the health of their communities, just like you. Anyone can benefit from joining the NEHA family at any stage of their career and take advantage of these valuable benefits:
- Online Community: This is an online platform that allows NEHA members to gather insight, ask questions, and build connections.
- Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition (AEC): Our AEC provides high quality environmental health training, education, networking, and advancement. Members receive significant discounts on registration fees.
- Webinars & Events: We provide opportunities to learn and gain expertise and network through our members only Spark! series, webinars, conferences, and training.
- Credentials: A NEHA credential demonstrates a level of expertise and competence, based on education and experience, that is nationally recognized. Members receive discounts on exams and renewal fees.
- Certificate & Logo: Members can download a customized certificate signifying a commitment to their career. Members are encouraged to display our logo to highlight their professional affiliation with us.
- Leadership Positions: Professional members have the opportunity to vote in NEHA elections and hold leadership positions such as board members, technical advisors, and committee members.
- Find or Post a Job: Whether a member is a job seeker or has a position to fill, the job board is available. Job announcements are placed at no or reduced cost for organizations that employ our professional members.
- Journal of Environmental Health: The Journalprovides innovative and practical ideas to carry into the field and office. Members are notified when new issues are available and can access full versions of issues going back to 2012 on our website. Print subscriptions are available to U.S.-based members for just $40/year.
- Newsletter: Our bimonthly newsletter, highlighting the most recent and relevant environmental health and NEHA news, is delivered to members by e-mail 20 times a year.
- Continuing Education: Maintain continuing education (CE) credits for free via NEHA E-Learning. Learn more about all of the ways that members can earn CE credit both virtually and in person.
- Continuing Education Tracking: Members can track continuing education in one place through the MyNEHA portal. Courses that are completed in NEHA E-Learning will be automatically added to members' accounts.
- Advocacy: Our Government Affairs program is the liaison between environmental health professionals and government officials to gather and present the data needed to inform policymakers on the importance of a well-supported and well-funded workforce. Members are vital in supporting this work.
- Position Papers: We collaborate with members to raise the voice of the environmental health profession through position statements.
- Contribute: Contribute your time and expertise to help develop resources on the topics that matter most to our members.
- Advertising: Professional members receive a 10% discount when placing advertisements on our platforms.