Our association is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors that is chaired by the president of our association. The executive director serves as a nonvoting ex-officio member of the board. We have five national officers who serve on the executive committee of our association.
Serving under our Board of Directors is an array of various administrative and functional committees. Members can participate on our committees or serve as technical advisors for a wide variety of environmental health topics.
The second vice-president is an officer on the Board of Directors and a member of our Affiliate Council. This individual serves for 5 years and moves in succession through the national officer positions (second vice-president, first vice-president, president-elect, president, and immediate-past president).
Regional vice-presidents (RVPs) are members of the Board of Directors and members of our Affiliate Council. RVPs serve 3-year terms and represent the members in their regions.
Learn more about our election process.
Tom Butts, MSc, REHS
CDR Anna Khan, MA, REHS/RS
Larry Ramdin, MPH, MA, REHS/RS, CP-FS, HHS, CHO
Scott E. Holmes, MS, REHS
D. Gary Brown, DrPH, CIH, RS, DAAS
Regional Vice Presidents
There are nine regional vice-presidents (RVPs) who each represent the different regions of the U.S. and members who reside outside of the U.S..
Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
William B. Emminger, Jr., REHS, CPM
Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada
Michele DiMaggio, REHS
Colorado, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, and members residing outside of the U.S. (except members of the U.S. armed services).
Rachelle Blackham, MPH, REHS
Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Kim Carlton, MPH, REHS/RS
Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
Jaime Estes, MS, CP-FS, PCQI
Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio
Niki Lemin, MEP, RS/REHS
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, DC, West Virginia, and all NEHA members of the U.S. armed forces residing outside of the U.S.
CDR James Speckhart, MS, REHS, USPHS
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont
Robert Uhrik, REHS
2022–2023 Technical Advisors
Technical advisors serve under our Board of Directors. These advisors are subject matter experts in the following areas:
Climate and Health
Data & Technology
- Chirag Bhatt, RS, CCFS | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy Callahan, MPH | email@example.com
- John Dodson-Will | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Hicks | email@example.com
- Krista Ferry | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luis Rodriguez, MS, REHS/RS, CP-FS, CPO, DAAS | email@example.com
- Jill Shugart | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Bradley, MPH, REHS, CP-FS, DAAS | email@example.com
- Tracynda Davis, MPH | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zachary Ehrlich, MPA, REHS | email@example.com
- Adam Kramer, MPH, ScD, MPH, RS | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Rice, MSPH, RS, CP-FS, CEHT | email@example.com
- Christine Sylvis, REHS | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Todd | email@example.com
General Environmental Health
- Michael Crea, MS | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tara Gurge, MS, RS, CEHT, MS | email@example.com
- Summer Jennings | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evan La Plant | email@example.com
- Greg Kearney, MPH, DrPH, REHS | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Mannarino | email@example.com
- Clint Pinion, Jr., DrPH, RS, CIT | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claudia Meister | email@example.com
- M.L. Tanner | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Washam, MPH, RS, DAAS | email@example.com
Infectious & Vectorborne Diseases
- Ivars Jaunakais | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Mack | email@example.com
- Jason Ravenscroft, MPH, REHS, CPO | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Besty Seals | email@example.com
- Andrew Whelton, MPH | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Wilson | email@example.com