The following information is for state administrators and/or candidates ordering an exam to become a state-appointed Registered Sanitarian (RS,) Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS,) Licensed Environmental Health Professional (LEHP,) etc.
The states of Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin have an environmental health program that uses the our REHS/RS exam instrument. Contact the state program office (PDF) for more information.
Individuals working in any state not listed in the state program office (PDF) can apply for the REHS/RS Credential if they meet the criteria.
Ordering & Payment
In Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, the state orders and pays for credential exams.
- The state program representative will send us the applicant's name and payment
- After we process the application the candidate will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to schedule the exam
Individuals working in other states are responsible for ordering and paying for their exam by:
- Gathering the electronic version of the state approval (letter, email, etc.)
- Creating an account or sign in to the MyNEHA portal
- Selecting "Credentials & Exams," then "Apply for Credential/State Exam"
REHS/RS Exam Costs
The cost to use the REHS/RS exam for state licensure is $280.00.
The fee is non-refundable or transferable and includes:
A state credentialing exam cannot be purchased or scheduled without approval from the state program office (PDF). Our role is only to facilitate scheduling and payment of the exam. The state determines:
- Certification status
- Continuing education requirements
Contact us for questions by emailing our Credentialing Department or call us at 303-756-9090, ext. 310