Environmental Health Leadership Academy
We are training experienced environmental health professionals who aspire to become the future leaders of tomorrow. This intensive and interactive program focuses on management and leadership skill-building, successful leadership strategies, community partnership, emergency management, and other tools to better prepare the environmental health leaders of tomorrow.
About the Program
This twelve-month program begins in the summer and concludes in-person at our Annual Educational Conference. As we continue to move through the pandemic, we hope to incorporate more face-to-face engagement with the cohort. This may include sponsored travel events and environmental health emergency management training through the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Center for Domestic Preparedness.
Participants will be required to:
- Meet monthly via 4-hour virtual training modules to learn and collaborate with other leadership academy peers
- Complete monthly pre-module and post-module assignments
- Meet with a mentor, which may be one-on-one or as a group
- Complete a year-end project, which must benefit either their organization, the community served, or the environmental health workforce
- Managing You
- Assessing Environmental Health Risks
- Communications Skills
- Strengthen, Support, and Mobilize Communities and Partnerships to Ensure Equity
- Environmental Health Interventions
- Emergency Management
- Build and Maintain a Strong Organizational Infrastructure
- Improve and Innovate through Evaluation, Research, and Quality Improvement
- Building a Diverse and Skilled Workforce
- Performance Management
The second annual leadership training academy for environmental health professionals is funded with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.