Environmental Health Leadership Academy Application
The cost of the year-long program is $2,000.
- Need-based scholarships may be offered; requests for scholarship consideration must be included in the application.
- There may be travel opportunities throughout the 12-month program to foster in-person engagement.
- The closing module will be in-person at our 2024 Annual Educational Conference and Exhibition (AEC) and all participants of the program must attend. AEC registration and travel accommodations are not included in the program fee
Application and Admission
Admission into the leadership academy will be competitive. Applicants should:
- Be a full-time employee of a local, state, tribal, territorial, public health or environmental health agency/organization
- Demonstrate commitment to a career in environmental health
- Hold a valid Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS) credential (preferred but not required)
- Commit to completing the program and attending sponsored events (i.e. 2024 AEC, participate in group discussions, complete assigned tasks, etc.)
- Be a NEHA member or willing to become one
Submitting an application does not indicate acceptance into the program. Each completed application will be reviewed and evaluated using an objective, weighted system assessing the applicant's:
- Credentials, certifications, and/or degrees
- Personal statement
- Letter of support from supervisor
- Commitment to the program
- Experiences against the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the program.
Additional details for accepted applicants:
- Applicants invited to the program must attend an informational webinar which will be scheduled after acceptance.
- It is highly recommended for supervisors to attend this meeting so that they understand the time commitment expected from their staff participants.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status once the admissions committee makes its recommendation; notification is anticipated to occur on or about Friday, June 23, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us at EHLAprogram@neha.org