Exam Scheduling & Admission
Candidates can schedule a certification exam:
- At a Pearson VUE’s testing location anywhere in the United States. Individuals who take the exam at Pearson VUE will receive their unofficial scores immediately after the exam.
- Through us at a special test site if there are at least three candidates testing for a NEHA credential
- Six to eight weeks notice is required to make arrangements
- The fee to set up a special test site is $350.00; the fee is waived for groups of 10 or more exam candidates. Email our Credentialing Department for a Special Test Site Request form.
- At our Annual Educational Conference (AEC) & Exhibition, when available. Review the annual AEC agenda.
Admission to the Exam
Testing at Pearson VUE
- When the exam application is processed, candidates will receive an authorization email from us.
- One to three days later the candidate will get an email from Pearson VUE c/o PTI with the PTI ID number and instructions for scheduling the exam at Pearson VUE. The PTI ID number is valid for one year.
- On test day, candidates must bring two forms of identification (i.e., driver’s license or passport) and their authorization letter to the testing site.
To reschedule the testing date/time, contact Pearson VUE at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled test time. At least 24 hours notice is required to cancel the exam without losing fees. Candidates must contact us to pay fees and be authorized to reschedule.
Paper and Pencil Exams
- When the exam application is processed, candidates will receive an admission email from us including:
- Exam date
- Exam location
- Reporting time
- Starting time
- On test day, candidates must bring two forms of identification (i.e., driver’s license or passport), their admission letter, and sharpened #2 pencils to the testing site. Only approved candidates will be admitted to the exam. No walk-in applicants will be admitted.
At least 24 hours' notice is required to cancel the exam without losing fees. Candidates must contact us to pay fees and be authorized to reschedule. Individuals who arrive after the exam has started may not be admitted.
Candidates should email our Credentialing Department if they have not received an admission letter at least two days prior to the test date.