January 22-24, 2024 | Washington, DC
Thank you to all who attended this year. We appreciate everyone who helped make this conference a success.
The Integrated Foodborne Outbreak Response and Management (InFORM) Conference brings together the network of public health officials involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. This includes current federal, state, and local public health and environmental health specialists, epidemiologists, health communicators, and laboratory scientists. Held every two years, the conference consists of a keynote speaker, plenary and discipline-specific sessions, and poster presentations.
Invited participants include public health colleagues from local, state, tribal, or federal agencies and departments involved in enteric disease surveillance and outbreak response. This includes but is not limited to:
- Environmental health specialists involved in enteric disease outbreak investigations
- Epidemiologists who investigate local or multistate enteric disease outbreaks
- Health communicators involved in enteric disease outbreaks, prevention, and food safety education
- Laboratory scientists who are a part of the PulseNet Network or who are interested in learning more about PulseNet
The InFORM conference celebrates this robust network of public health officials that are connected by cause, driven by data, and empowered by collaboration.
Advance registration was required. Regular Individual registration cost $225.
ELC Cooperative Agreement funds should be used to support travel to attend the 2024 InFORM conference.
There were a limited number of scholarships available for travel support for staff at local, state, or tribal health departments who work in enteric disease surveillance and outbreak response activities and students.
Notifications to scholarship recipients were made on or before November 8, 2023.
Hotel & Travel Information
Designated Conference Hotel
2500 Calvert St NW
Washington, DC 20008
Per-Diem Nightly Room Rate: $193
Awards to recognize exceptional individuals who investigate outbreaks of foodborne and enteric diseases will be presented at 2024 InFORM. All award nominations were due December 1, 2023.
- Bill Keene Award for Excellence in Epidemiology
- John J. Guzewich Environmental Public Health Team Award
- PulseStar Award for Outstanding Achievement in PulseNet
- The People's Protector Communication Award
Attendees are able to earn continuing education (CE) hours through:
- NEHA: Learn more about NEHA CEs.
- CDC: Continuing education for this activity is pending. See final announcement for details.
- APHL: Learn more about earning credits through the P.A.C.E. Program.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the 2024 InFORM Conference or need a letter of support for travel.
The Integrated Foodborne Outbreak Response and Management Conference is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of the financial assistance cooperative agreement award OT18-1802 totaling $175,000 (or 100% of the award) funded by CDC/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CDC/HHS, or the U.S. Government.