January 22-24, 2024 | Washington, DC
Preconference sessions start January 21, 2024
The Integrated Foodborne Outbreak Response and Management (InFORM) Conference brings together the network of public health officials involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. This includes current federal, state, and local public health and environmental health specialists, epidemiologists, health communicators, and laboratory scientists. Held every two years, the conference will consist of a keynote speaker, plenary and discipline-specific sessions, and poster presentations.
Invited participants include public health colleagues from local, state, tribal, or federal agencies and departments involved in enteric disease surveillance and outbreak response. This includes but is not limited to:
- Environmental health specialists involved in enteric disease outbreak investigations
- Epidemiologists who investigate local or multistate enteric disease outbreaks
- Health communicators involved in enteric disease outbreaks, prevention, and food safety education
- Laboratory scientists who are a part of the PulseNet Network or who are interested in learning more about PulseNet
The InFORM conference celebrates this robust network of public health officials that are connected by cause, driven by data, and empowered by collaboration. If you are currently a public health official who works in foodborne and enteric disease, please consider joining us for the first in-person InFORM conference since 2017.
Advance registration is required.
- Early Bird Individual (Ends December 1, 2023): $200
- Regular Individual (After December 1, 2023): $225
ELC Cooperative Agreement funds should be used to support travel to attend the 2024 InFORM conference.
There were a limited number of scholarships available for travel support for staff at local, state, or tribal health departments who work in enteric disease surveillance and outbreak response activities and students.
Notifications to scholarship recipients was made on or before November 8, 2023.
Hotel & Travel Information
Designated Conference Hotel
2500 Calvert St NW
Washington, DC 20008
Per-Diem Nightly Room Rate: $193 | Reserve a Per-Diem Room
Self-Parking: Not available
Reagan National Airport: 6.6 miles from Omni Shoreham
Washington Dulles International Airport: 32 miles from Omni Shoreham
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport: 36 miles from Omni Shoreham
Awards to recognize exceptional individuals who investigate outbreaks of foodborne and enteric diseases will be presented at 2024 InFORM. Please follow the submission instructions listed in each form. All award nominations are due by December 1, 2023.
- Bill Keene Award for Excellence in Epidemiology | Application Details
- John J. Guzewich Environmental Public Health Team Award | Application Details
- PulseStar Award for Outstanding Achievement in PulseNet | Application Details
- The People's Protector Communication Award | Application Details
Attendees will be able to earn continuing education (CE) hours through:
- NEHA: Learn more about NEHA CEs
- CDC: Continuing education for this activity is pending. See final announcement for details.
- APHL: Additional details will be shared as available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the 2024 InFORM Conference or need a letter of support for travel.
The Integrated Foodborne Outbreak Response and Management Conference is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of the financial assistance cooperative agreement award OT18-1802 totaling $175,000 (or 100% of the award) funded by CDC/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CDC/HHS, or the U.S. Government.