AEC Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts for the 2024 AEC is open August 28 - October 9, 2023.
Abstract Review Criteria
The 2024 AEC Review Committee will review all submissions based on quality, relevance, impact, and originality. Prospective presenters are welcome to reference products as long as product references add to the educational value and are presented in a noncommercial fashion.
- Quality: Presentation submissions should be well organized and easily understood. The abstract and summary are judged as indicators of what can be expected of the session.
- Relevance: Presentation submission should be highly relevant to the interests of the environmental health audience in general and the track topic in particular.
- Impact: Presentation submissions should contribute to the educational mission of NEHA. Submissions reporting on emerging environmental health issues, important results, methodologies, or case studies of special significance will be favorably considered.
- Originality: Presentation submissions on innovative technologies, case studies for innovative designs, or other novel results that contribute to NEHA's goal of providing a high-quality educational program for practicing environmental health professionals will be favorably considered.
- Commercial content: Product promotion is not permitted. Evidence of product promotion in presentation submissions will lead to rejection of the submission. It is acceptable to use a product in a design case study or as a proof of concept for a design methodology.
The 2024 AEC Review Committee reserves the right to request edits to submitted presentations or to reject a submitted presentation if it does not meet review criteria or follow submission guidelines.
Abstract Submission Terms and Conditions
- When submitting an abstract, you are the point of contact for that submission and you will be the only person notified by e-mail with information pertaining to the abstract. Additional speakers listed will NOT be notified directly, only the submitter whose account was used. It is your responsibility, as the submitter, to forward communications to other speakers/presenters or other relevant parties.
- Individuals may submit up to three unique abstracts.
- To submit an abstract, you must be a speaker, panelist, or otherwise directly connected to the abstract. NEHA does not accept abstracts submitted by a third party.
- All speakers, presenters, poster presenters, or panelists must be at least 18 years old.
- Submitted abstracts must be in their final form. Revisions or edits are not possible.
2024 AEC Tracks and Disciplines
Climate & Health
- Adaptation & Mitigation
- Air Quality
- Extreme Heat
- Extreme Weather
- Extreme Rainfall
Data & Technology
- Environmental Health Tracking & Informatics
- Technology & Environmental Health
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Data Modernization
Emergency Preparedness, Recovery, & Resilience
- Food Safety & Defense
- Retail & Home Restaurants
General Environmental Health
- Body Art
- Emerging Environmental Health Issues
- Hazardous & Toxic Materials
- General Environmental Health
- Solid Waste
- Food Waste
- Global Environmental Health
- Environmental Health Impact Assessment
- Healthy Homes & Communities
- Land Use Planning & Design
- School & Institutions
- Risk Communications
- Indoor Air Quality
Infectious & Vector-borne Diseases
- Pathogens & Outbreaks
- Vector Control & Zoonotic Diseases
- Children's Environmental Health
- Environmental Justice
- Uniformed Services
- Onsite Wastewater
- Recreational Water
- Water Reuse
- Premise Plumbing
- Private Drinking Water
- Water Quality
- Including Shorelines
Workforce & Leadership
- Leadership & Management
- Workforce Diversity
- Student & Young Professional Career Development
NEHA-FDA RFFM Grant Program
- Track 1 Development Base Grant
- Track 2 Development Base Grant
- Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base Grant
- Mentorship Add-On Grant
- Special Projects Add-On Grant
- Training Add-On Grant
- Capacity Building Add-On Grant