Journal of Environmental Health
Volume 80, No. 8
About the Cover
This issue’s cover article, “Organizational Characteristics of Local Health Departments and Environmental Health Services and Activities,” explores the association between organizational characteristics of local health departments and the environmental health services rendered in the community. The study identified eight different organizational characteristics to determine their association to 34 environmental health services. While all the available organizational characteristics had an association with some of the environmental health services, the variation of environmental health services provided in communities could also be explained by a combination of factors such as fee generation, community needs, type of governance, and population size.
Table of Contents
Advancement of the Science
- Rapid Identification of a Cooling Tower-Associated Legionnaires' Disease Outbreak Supported by Polymerase Chain Reaction Testing of Environmental Samples, New York City, 2014–2015
- Relationship Between Priority Violations, Foodborne Illness, and Patron Complaints in Washington, DC, Restaurants (2013–2015)
Advancement of the Practice
- Organizational Characteristics of Local Health Departments and Environmental Health Services and Activities
- Building Capacity: Building Capacity by Hacking Your System Implementation
- Direct From ATSDR: Loud Noise: Too Loud, Too Long!
- Direct From CDC/EHSB: A Web-Based Review of Environmental Health Vector Control Services in the United States
- Environmental Health Makes a Strong Entry Into the Global One Health Framework in Jamaica
- Using Data to Improve Environmental Health: Part 2: Available Informatics Resources
Advancement of the Practitioner
- Career Opportunities
- EH Calendar
- Resource Corner
- President's Message: Gone Starfishin'
- NEHA Organizational Members
- Special Listing
- NEHA 2018 AEC and HUD Healthy Homes Conference
- NEHA News
- DirecTalk: Musings From the 10th Floor: On Poverty
- HealthSpace USA Inc
- Inspect2GO Environmental Health Software
- Ozark River Portable Sinks
- Paper Thermometer Co.
- Sweeps Software, Inc.
- University of Illinois at Springfield