Journal of Environmental Health
Volume 79, No. 10
About the Cover
This issue’s cover article explores the investigation that resulted from an uncommon outbreak of salmonellosis linked to a splash pad. The authors also conducted a survey to gauge water quality and patron behaviors at splash pads. Most splash pads surveyed used a recirculating water system, but 21% tested below recommended free residual chlorine levels and 33% contained an indicator of environmental or fecal contamination. Among the patrons observed, common high-risk behaviors included sitting on the fountain or spray head and putting their mouths to water. The article argues that water venue regulations and improved patron education are important to prevent future outbreaks.
Table of Contents
Advancement of the Science
- Water Quality Survey of Splash Pads After a Waterborne Salmonellosis Outbreak—Tennessee, 2014
- Building the Future of Environmental Public Health Tracking: Proceedings and Recommendations of an Expert Panel Workshop
- Consumer Perception of the Food and Drug Administration's Newest Recommended Food Facility Inspection Format: Words Matter
- Inspector Perceptions of the Food and Drug Administration's Newest Recommended Food Facility Inspection Format: Training Matters
Advancement of the Practice
- Building Capacity: Building Environmental Health Capacity in the Cloud
- Direct From ATSDR: Revisiting Trichloroethylene Contaminated Hazardous Waste Sites After New Science Indicates the Need for a Lower Health Guideline
- Direct From CDC/EHSB: Tools to Drive Quality Improvement of Vector Control Services
Advancement of the Practitioner
- Career Opportunities
- EH Calendar
- Resource Corner
- President's Message: Stepping Back
- NEHA Organizational Members
- Special Listing
- NEHA 2017 AEC
- NEHA News
- DirecTalk: Musings From the 10th Floor: Distribution > Content > Brand
E-Journal Bonus Article
- International Perspectives: Assessment of Noise Level Distributions in Lagos Metropolis and the Potential for Adverse Health Effects
- Custom Data Processing
- Digital Health Department, Inc.
- Eljen Corporation
- Evidence for Action
- HealthSpace USA Inc
- Hedgerow Software Ltd.
- Heuresis Corporation
- Industrial Test Systems, Inc.
- Inspect2GO Environmental Health Software
- MSU Online MS in Food Safety Program
- NSF International
- Ozark River/Integrity Distribution
- Protec Instrument Corporation
- Sweeps Software, Inc.
- The IAPMO Group