Journal of Environmental Health
Volume 81, Number 4
About the Cover
Rats are a common problem in cities worldwide. Most of the public health research has focused on disease transmission related to rat exposure and infestations; however, little is known about the nonphysical consequences of rat exposure. This issue’s cover article, “Beyond Zoonosis: The Mental Health Impacts of Rat Exposure on Impoverished Urban Neighborhoods,” explores the often-neglected impacts of rat exposure on mental health. Results of the article suggest that rat exposure consistently has a negative impact on mental health. By developing a better understanding of potential rat-related health risks—both mental and physical—public health officials can better evaluate, refine, and develop their policies regarding rats.
Table of Contents
Advancement of the Science
- Beyond Zoonosis: The Mental Health Impacts of Rat Exposure on Impoverished Urban Neighborhoods
- Community-Wide Recreational Water-Associated Outbreak of Cryptosporidiosis and Control Strategies—Maricopa County, Arizona, 2016
Advancement of the Practice
- Navigating Degrees of Collaboration: A Proposed Framework for Identifying and Implementing Health in All Policies
- Building Capacity: Building Capacity Through Project Agility
- Direct From ATSDR: Investigating Hazardous Substance Exposures Associated With Mining or Smelting in United States Communities
- Direct From CDC/EHS: Now What? A Tool to Help Commercial Fishermen Encountering Sea-Disposed Chemical Munitions
Advancement of the Practitioner
- Career Opportunities
- EH Calendar
- Resource Corner
- President's Message: The Impacts of Climate Change Are at Our Doorstep
- NEHA Organizational Members
- Special Listing
- A Tribute to Our 25-Year Members
- U.S. Postal Service Statement of Ownership
- NEHA News
- NEHA 2019 AEC
- DirecTalk: Musings From the 10th Floor: Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
- Firework-Induced Particulate and Heavy Metal Emissions During the Diwali Festival in Delhi, India
- Custom Data Processing
- GOJO Industries
- HealthSpace USA Inc
- MSU Online MS in Food Safety Program
- Ozark River Portable Sinks
- Paper Thermometer Co.
- QuanTem Laboratories, LLC
- Sweeps Software, Inc.
- Tyler Technologies, Inc.