HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers
Course OverviewHACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course focus is on the HACCP method to prevent unwanted hazards from being introduced into your manufacturing or processing operations. The course is recognized and accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
Who Should Take the Course
- Food safety personnel
- HACCP Team Members
- Quality Control and Assurance personnel
- Production managers and staff
- Anyone who is a food safety trainer or auditor
The course curriculum consists of 11 modules covering topics on meeting government, industry, and auditor requirements for the development of a working HACCP plan, including Good Manufacturing Practices as well as the Food Safety Modernization Act.
The course is structured into 11 modules which included:
- What is HACCP?
- How Big of a problem is Foodborne Illness? Who is at Risk for Foodborne Illness?
- Hazards covered in 'Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point'
- Which illnesses can result from eating contaminated foods?
- What conditions do pathogens need to survive and grow in foods?
- HACCP - The Overview
- HACCP Prerequisites - The Foundation to Build On
- Developing your HACCP Plan
- HACCP Principles 1-2-3 Hazard Analysis, Critical Control Points, Critical Limits
- HACCP Principles 4-5-6 Monitoring, Corrective Actions, Verification
- HACCP Principle Seven Record Keeping, Training, and Audits
At the end of each module, there is a test. Participants must successfully complete the test before continuing to the next module. Participants that do not achieve 80% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to advance and complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This online course is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter. On average, the timeline for completion will be between one and an hour per module.
$219.99 | Bulk Discounts Available