FD207 Plan Review Course
Course OverviewThis free, five-day, virtual course provides a comprehensive overview of the plan review process for retail food establishments based on menu and food preparation procedures with an end goal of reducing foodborne illnesses resulting from poor facility design.
Course content includes:
- reviewing the application and menu
- reading architectural drawings
- reviewing a complete plan set
- reviewing equipment, plumbing, and physical facilities
- conducting preoperational inspections
- communicating with key players
- reviewing mobile establishments
- emphasis on equipment and architectural design
This course is currently only available to retail food safety regulatory professionals employed with a government agency.
To register for the FD207 course:
- Review the course announcement
- Download and complete the registration form linked in the announcement
- Email the completed registration form to: ORA-OTED-Retail@fda.hhs.gov
- Fee: $0.00
Upcoming CoursesCourse announcements, including information regarding prerequisites, and registration forms are included as PDFs as they become available.
- Mon, March 13 - Fri, March 17, 2023
- Mon, March 27 - Fri, March 31, 2023
- Mon, April 17 - Fri, April 21, 2023
- Mon, May 1 - Mon, May 5, 2023
- Mon, June 26 - Mon, June 30, 2023
Additional courses may be added throughout fiscal year. All course dates/locations are subject to change. Visit the ORA LearnED Training System regularly for official course schedules and updates.
Review required prerequisites on the course announcement at ORA LearnED Training System.