FD215 Managing Retail Food Safety Course
Course OverviewThis course is designed to allow participants an opportunity to explore the various ways that risk-based inspections can be applied in retail and food service establishments.
Topics will include the "process approach" to HACCP, applications of HACCP principles in routine inspection work, and assessing active managerial control of risk factors by operators through a HACCP system or other established food safety systems. While the process approach is new to many regulators, it is better designed for use in retail and food service settings than traditional HACCP approaches because it eliminates lengthy flow charting and hazard analysis for every type of food product.
RegistrationTo register for the FD215 course:
- Review the course announcement and details
- Download and complete the registration form linked in the announcement
- Email the completed registration form to ORA-OTED-Retail@fda.hhs.gov
- Fee: $0.00
Upcoming CoursesCourse announcements, including information regarding prerequisites, and registration forms are included as PDFs as they become available.
- Mon, February 6 - Fri, February 10, 2023
- Mon, March 6 - Fri, March 10, 2023
- Mon, April 17 - Fri, April 21, 2023
- Mon, May 1 - Fri, May 5, 2023
- Mon, July 10 - Fri, July 14, 2023
- Mon, August 7 - Fri, August 11, 2023
Review required prerequisites on the course announcement at ORA LearnED Training System.
To set up a LearnED account, follow the instructions at ORA LearnED Training System.
National Retail Food Program Courses