FD312 Special Processes at Retail Courses
Course content includes:
- Use of Food Additives
- Reduced Oxygen Packaging
- Live Molluscan Shellfish Tanks
- Sprouted Seeds
- Processing and Packaging Juice
- Custom Processing of Animals
- Any other process determined by a Regulatory Authority to require a variance/HACCP plan
- microbiology of the various forms of food processing at retail
- specific concerns for each process
- necessary controls for the hazards associated with each process.
- reduced oxygen packaging (ROP) in retail settings
- practical evaluation of various food samples
- verification and validation of HACCP plans
- approaches to conducting inspections
- Review the course announcement
- Download and complete the registration form linked in the announcement
- Right-click on “Download”
- Choose “Save As” and save the form to your computer (desktop, file, etc)
- Open the form via its saved location
- Email the completed registration form to: ORA-OTED-Retail@fda.hhs.gov
- Fee: $0.00
Registration does not guarantee admission into the course. All applicants will be notified at a future date of their status.
Course announcements, including information regarding prerequisites, and registration forms are included as PDFs as they become available.
Additional courses may be added throughout fiscal year. All course dates/locations are subject to change. Visit the ORA LearnED Training System regularly for official course schedules and updates.
Review required prerequisites on the course announcement at ORA LearnED Training System.
To set up a LearnED account, follow the instructions at ORA LearnED Training System.