Since 1937 we have been leading the way for practitioners to achieve a set of defined competencies, evidenced through testing and maintained through continuing education. These benchmarks of excellence have become the gold standard in recognizing those who are uniquely equipped to handle the wide breadth of environmental health issues.
- Raises credibility with employer, community, and colleagues
- Often leads to opportunities for promotion and increased pay
- Shows dedication to the field and science of environmental health
- Demonstrates commitment to staying up to date on environmental health policy, regulation, and practice
- Provides an impartial, third-party endorsement of professional knowledge and experience
- Distinguishes you from others in your field
- Raises the visibility of the environmental health profession
Value of a NEHA CredentialOur longstanding history in credentialing means that our standards are high and that individuals with a NEHA credential have mastered a body of knowledge and acquired practical experience to perform relevant work responsibilities. As an impartial, third-party endorsement of an individual’s professional knowledge and experience, a credential stands in support of a candidate’s resume and professional references. It serves as verification that a professional has achieved a baseline level of competency in their subject matter and adhere to a code of ethics.
Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian
- The REHS/RS credential is the premiere NEHA credential. The credential credentials your competency in the breadth and depth of environmental health issues, including emergency response, and community education. | REHS/RS Credential
Certified Professional - Food Safety
- The CP-FS credential certifies that you as a food safety professional understand the food microbiology, HACCP principles, and regulatory requirements needed to keep the public safe from foodborne illness. | CP-FS Credential
Certified in Comprehensive Food Safety
- The CCFS credential certifies that you have expertise in the manufacturing and processing areas of food safety in a regulatory/oversight, management, or compliance in the private sector. | CCFS Credential