2023 Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Workshops
Dates and Locations for In-Person Workshops
- June 9 - June 11, 2023; Norfolk, VA
- Friday and Saturday: 8 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 8 am – 1 pm
- Offered as a pre-conference workshop at the AFDO Annual Educational Conference
- July 29 - July 31, 2023; New Orleans, LA
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 am – 5 pm
- Monday: 8 am – 1 pm
- Offered as a pre-conference workshop at the NEHA Annual Educational Conference
Applicants were able to apply for funding to send up to two people to these courses via the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Grant Program, as follows.
- CY 2023 Track 1 Development Base Grant applicants had the option to include this request under Optional Outcome # 2 in their base grant application.
- CY 2023 Track 2 Development Base Grant applicants and current Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base grantees had the option to include this request as part of their CY 2023 Training Optional Add-On Grant application.
Registration Information & Course Agendas
Registration Fee: $150 for the June session at the AFDO AEC; $140 for the July session at the NEHA AEC.
Register for New Orleans
For general workshop questions, please contact your FDA Retail Food Specialist. For registration questions, please contact email@example.com.
*Registration closes when maximum capacity has been filled. Waitlist will be established once capacity has been reached. Additional virtual instructor led workshops may be added in the future if there is interest. Contact your Retail Food Specialist if interested.
Registration is not yet open for the Norfolk, VA workshop and detailed course agendas are not yet complete. When registration opens for the Norfolk, VA workshop (expected in January 2023), additional information will be posted both here and under 'Courses, Workshops and Events' on the Retail Program Standard webpage.
If demand exceeds the capacity for the workshops, additional registrants will be put on a waitlist and notified when/if additional space becomes available.
NEHA-FDA RFFM Grantees
The NEHA-FDA RFFM Training Grants can cover costs for:
- Workshop registration fees for in-person workshops, the virtual workshop has no cost
- Travel related expenses
- Per diem for duration of workshop
- Per diem for two travel days (beginning and end of the trip)
CY 2023 Track 2 Development Base Grant Applicants, and Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base Grantees
- In addition to the SA VA Workshop registration, travel and per diem costs, Track 2 applicants and Track 3 grantees also had the option to use their CY 2023 Training Optional Add-On Grant application to request funding for registration fees for the NEHA AEC and/or AFDO AEC.
CY 2023 Track 1 Development Base Grant Applicants
- CY 2023 Track 1 Development Base Grant funding can only be used for the SA VA Workshop registration fee, travel, and per diem costs for the duration of the workshop, and for travel days to and from the workshop.
- Hotel and per diem costs for additional days spent at the NEHA AEC or AFDO AEC cannot be paid for using Track 1 Development Base Grant funds.
2023 Virtual SA VA Workshops, Offered Without Cost
Reduced Registration Fee for 2023 Virtual Deliveries: $0
Applicants did not need to include the courses below in a CY 2023 Training Optional Add-On Grant request, as there will be no associated attendance costs.
Dates for Virtual Workshops
- January 30 - February 2, 2023, 11 am - 5 pm EST Daily
- March 20 - 23, 2023, 11 am - 5 pm EST Daily
For general workshop questions, please contact your FDA Retail Food Specialist.
For registration questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.