2024 Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Workshops & Training
FD8030S00 Curriculum: Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Series
The Self-Assessment and Verification Audit Series consist of 10 self-guided courses which provide relevant information and instruction for retail program enrollment or advancement in conformance with the FDA Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards. These modules can be taken through the FDA’s LearnED system.
Once logged in to LearnED, the course can be accessed by searching for the course code FD8030S00. If you have problems accessing LearnED, please reach out to your FDA Retail Food Specialist.
Dates and Locations for In-Person Workshops
- June 7 - 9, 2024
- Grand Rapids, MI
- AFDO AEC pre-conference
- July 13 - 15, 2024
- Pittsburgh, PA
- NEHA AEC pre-conference
Applicants were able to apply for funding to send up to two people to these courses via the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Grant Program, as follows.
- CY 2024 Track 1 Development Base Grant applicants had the option to include this request under Optional Outcome # 2 in their base grant application.
- CY 2024 Track 2 Development Base Grant applicants and current Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base grantees had the option to include this request as part of their CY 2024 Training Optional Add-On Grant application.
Registration Information & Course Agendas
Registration information will be posted here when it is available.
If demand exceeds the capacity for the workshops, additional registrants will be put on a waitlist and notified when/if additional space becomes available.
NEHA-FDA RFFM Grantees
The NEHA-FDA RFFM Training Grants can cover costs for:
- Workshop registration fees for in-person workshops, the virtual workshop has no cost
- Travel related expenses
- Per diem for duration of workshop
- Per diem for two travel days (beginning and end of the trip)
CY 2024 Track 2 Development Base Grant Applicants, and Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base Grantees
- In addition to the SAVA Workshop registration, travel, and per diem costs, Track 2 applicants and Track 3 grantees also had the option to use the training component of their CY 2024 Base Grant or their CY 2024 Training Optional Add-On Grant to request funding for costs to attend the NEHA AEC and/or AFDO AEC.
CY 2024 Track 1 Development Base Grant Applicants
- CY 2024 Track 1 Development Base Grant funding can only be used for the SA VA Workshop registration fee, travel, and per diem costs for the duration of the workshop, and for travel days to and from the workshop.
- Hotel and per diem costs for additional days spent at the NEHA AEC or AFDO AEC cannot be paid for using Track 1 Development Base Grant funds.
2024 Virtual SA VA Workshops, Offered Without Cost
Reduced Registration Fee for 2024 Virtual Deliveries: $0
Applicants did not need to include the courses below in a CY 2024 Training Optional Add-On Grant request, as there will be no associated attendance costs.
Dates for Virtual Workshops
- February 19 - 23, 2024
- March 25 - 29, 2024
- April 29 - May 3, 3024
For general workshop questions, please contact your FDA Retail Food Specialist.
For registration questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.